LibQUAL+™ is a standardized survey developed by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in collaboration with the Texas A&M University Libraries. The survey provides libraries with a method for measuring the quality of library services by examining perceptions, preferences, and expectations of faculty, students and staff. More than one thousand libraries internationally have participated in the survey since 2000. For more detailed information, see the LibQUAL+™ web site.
The results for the 2005, 2007 and 2011 LibQUAL+™ surveys are available here.
The UT Arlington Libraries uses our community feedback to add and improve upon services, spaces and collections. Service enhancements implemented based on survey results include:
- Lengthened circulation loan periods for students and faculty
- On-going space reallocation in the Central Library, the Architecture and Fine Arts Library and the Science and Engineering Library
- Redesign of the Library website
- Redesign of the Library online catalog
- Additional computer workstations in library facilities
- Addition of more group study rooms and spaces in all libraries