The University of Texas at Arlington is a pre-eminent urban research university that inspires bold solutions with global impact through creative scholarship, transformative access and collaborative learning. University Libraries, in turn, has an ambitious plan to build “a world class library to serve a world class University.” At the heart of this transformation is a passion for the transformative role of an extraordinary library and a commitment to innovation through smart risk-taking and data driven decision-making.
The University Libraries are committed to equipping scholars to successfully Connect, Create, eXplore, and Innovate in the new information ecosystem through five identified areas of excellence:
- extraordinary access,
- creative collaborations,
- impactful services,
- transformational technologies, and
- inspiring spaces.
To deliver on this ambitious Vision, we have identified four strategic imperatives for 2014-2016:
- Imperative One: Resonance – Increase the awareness and usage of the creative works of UT Arlington faculty and students.
- Imperative Two: Academic and Professional Success – Positively impact the academic and professional success of students and faculty.
- Imperative Three: Creation and Design – Equip UTA students with a competitive advantage through hands-on experience in iterative design and invention.
- Imperative Four: Collaboration and Community-Building – Foster collaboration across disciplines, borders, and learning platforms; facilitate physical and virtual community-building.
We have an extraordinary team of colleagues in University Libraries. Please reach out to us as you use our physical and virtual collections, spaces and services. We are here to make you more successful.
Dean of Libraries