The Friends of the Libraries is a membership organization committed to enhancing the resources of the UT Arlington Libraries for the benefit of students, faculty and the community. Since 1987 support from the Friends has enriched the Libraries’ collections and services that are critical to teaching, research and learning at UT Arlington.
Friends Support the UT Arlington Libraries
- Sponsorship of annual awards given to two outstanding student presentations in the Ronald McNair Scholars Summer Internship Program. Members have contributed more than $25,000 to fund an endowment to support the award.
- Presentation of the annual STAR Award (Super Talented Appreciated and Recognized) to a library staff member who has played a significant role in moving the library forward in terms of services and/or outreach.
- Support of an endowment that funds the addition of materials to the collection to honor the promotion and achievements of members of the faculty.
- Sponsorship of programs featuring authors and community leaders.
- Support of the Libraries' ongoing needs to serve students and faculty.
Valerie Cavanagh at 817-272-0850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fiscal Policy
- McNair Judging Criteria