Join us as we celebrate..
GIS Day 2011!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 11am-5pm, UT Arlington Central Library Parlor (6th floor)
Come and have fun learning about geographic information systems (GIS) and the various ways our faculty and students are using the technology.
- Featured Talk on GIS in Secondary Education by Dr. Andrew Milson
- ESRI's ArcGIS Online & Future Directions of GIS Technologies by John Hunt, ESRI Regional Account Representative
- GPS in the Library Mall: Cache, if You Can! (Learn more)
- Numerous GIS Research Poster Presentations - You Can Be a Presenter! Learn How
- Peruse Examples of Spatial Analysis and Maps
- Chat with others
- Food, Prizes
- Partake in the giant GIS Day cake!
Stay the entire afternoon, arrive late or leave early! Your attendance would be appreciated as we join in this global event to educate millions of people. Your participation could make a difference!
Who should attend?
All individuals interested in how geography, through the technology of GIS, affects your everyday life! RSVP please!
Showcase your work at GIS Day!
We invite all interested faculty, students, and staff to participate in the GIS Research Showcase. To participate, please register online and see information for presenters
If you need a special accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact Joshua Been, Central Library, Information Literacy, at (817) 272-5826 or LIBRARY-GIS@listserv.uta.edu. Two weeks notice is necessary for seamless access.