The UT Arlington Libraries provides retrieval of local library research resources to graduate students via the online Library Catalog. This service is known as Graduate Retrieval Service (GRS). Library staff will retrieve books, bound periodicals, and media held in the UT Arlington Libraries collections for graduate students within two business days and hold items for up to 7 days. Items are available for pick-up at their holding library:
- Central Library (CEN) items are held at the Central Library Service Desk.
- Science & Engineering Library (SEL) items are held at the Science & Engineering Library Service Desk.
- Architecture & Fine Arts Library (AFA) items are held at the Architecture & Fine Arts Library Service Desk.
Requested items must be from the UT Arlington Libraries' circulating collections and not from the non-circulating or electronic collections. There is a limit of 10 requests per day per graduate student.
Using this Service
- Go to the UT Arlington Library Catalog and find the desired item, located at either the Central Library, the Science & Engineering Library, or the Architecture & Fine Arts Library.
- From the item record, choose “Request This” and log in using your NetID and password.
- Choose the form “Retrieve this item for me.” Fill out the form completely, including choosing the correct volume, when applicable, and submit it.
- Library staff will process requests within two business days. You will be notified via your MavMail when the items are available for pick-up. Items will only be held for 7 days from the date of notification.