Library Vision and Values
Our commitment to idea-sharing, open communication, teamwork and collaborative partnerships enriches our work and drives our success.
We demonstrate this value by…
- Strengthening the organization through active, positive work on committees, projects, and activities.
- Motivating and supporting colleagues to be goal-oriented.
- Evidencing clear understanding of individual and departmental role within overall mission of the Library and University and holistically supporting broader missions.
- Partnering to analyze and solve problems and mentoring colleagues.
Examples of our collaborative efforts
- The Social Engagement and Appreciation Committee provides various social events and activities that foster unity, fun, fellowship, and appreciation to all library staff.
- The Open Access Week planning committee typically includes about 12 staff members from five different departments to stage an event having workshops, presentations, and receptions.
- The User Engagement and Services team regularly solicits volunteers from all Library staff to help with events such as Tail Waggin’ Wednesdays, Writing Fair, Ask Me Days, Activity Day Fair, and Parent and Family Weekend.
Our Tail Waggin' Wednesday events with therapy dogs are a collaborative effort using volunteer staff from throughout the Libraries.