Personal Camera Agreement
Personal digital cameras, cell phones, and tablet cameras may be used in the UT Arlington Libraries Special Collections under certain conditions. All patrons wishing to take digital photographs of materials must complete this request form and sign below indicating an understanding of and compliance with these policies. Special Collections reserves the right to deny requests or revoke photographic privileges.
Patron photography is allowed to protect the materials, reduce the need for photocopies, and to supplement note taking. Photographs taken in Special Collections may not be published, posted on the Internet, exhibited, or donated or sold to another repository, individual or organization. Photographs are for personal research use only, and may not be reproduced or shared with others; however, they may be used in class assignments or unpublished theses.
Researchers needing high-resolution publishable images, images of fragile items, or larger volumes of digital images should inquire about fee-based reproduction services.
Special Collections reserves the right to deny permission to photograph any item or portion of an item due to the fragile condition of the item, the availability of a reproduction or facsimile elsewhere, donor restriction, or copyright law. Staff will assess the physical condition of all items to be photographed. Please follow these guidelines when photographing our materials:
- Use of flash is prohibited. Only digital cameras, cell phones, or tablets may be used. Clicks and audible alerts must be disabled. No tripods, laptop cameras, digital SLRs, or special lighting are permitted. Users may not stand on chairs or rearrange furniture to get a better image and must remain facing the service desk.
- Photographic materials may NOT be photographed.
- All materials must be handled carefully. Bound volumes must be supported in a book cradle and pressure must not be applied to bindings. Unbound material must remain in its folder and be kept in order. Multiple sheets may not be removed to photograph in a single shot.
- Each image is to be recorded on a Digital Photography Request form.
- Libraries staff and other researchers may not be photographed. Care should be taken not to disturb others.
- Patrons are responsible for complying with copyright law. By signing this document, users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the UTA Libraries, its agents and employees against all claims, demands, costs, and expenses incurred by copyright infringement or any other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from the use of these photographs.
By signing below, I acknowledge I have read and will abide by the policies set forth above. I understand that failure to do so may result in revocation of photography privileges.
Signature____________________________________________ Date _____________________
Printed name _________________________________________