A note on the blog post title: The net in "net neutrality" is actually short for network, but...
UTA Libraries’ Textbook Hero video series showcases educators who have adopted open educational...
Welcome from the Associate University Librarian
Welcome from Kelly Visnak, the Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Communication Division.
The University Libraries have recently positioned a group of librarians and staff members into a Scholarly Communication Division where we are focused on building transformative solutions for the changing scholarly research and dissemination ecosystem. At a time when technologies have disrupted the traditional scholarly communication system, we are providing expertise through a suite of services and collaborative solutions for our community.
Scholarly communication is the system through which research and other scholarly writings are created, evaluated for quality, disseminated to the scholarly community, and preserved for future use.
- We support open access to scholarship
- We clarify questions surrounding open access and open data
- We assist researchers in retaining rights to their work and depositing their scholarly output in the ResearchCommons
- We support new creations of peer-reviewed publishing
- We support the fair use of copyrighted information for educational and research purposes
- We support preservation of scholarly information for long-term future use and reuse
- We support models of knowledge dissemination that reduce barriers to access