iThenticate is the leading provider of professional plagiarism detection and prevention technology used worldwide by scholarly publishers and research institutions to ensure the originality of written work before publication. iThenticate helps editors, authors and researchers prevent misconduct by comparing manuscripts against its database of over 50 billion web pages and 130 million content items, including 40 million works from 590 scholarly publisher participants of CrossCheck, a service offered by CrossRef and powered by iThenticate software.
Access iThenticate with an Account
Access to iThenticate is restricted to users with an account. If you already have an iThenticate account, sign in below. If you need to register for an account, please read the instructions on this page.
Register for an iThenticate Account
- Access to iThenticate is restricted to currently enrolled PhD students and currently appointed faculty at the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Academic use of iThenticate is restricted by conditions you agree to upon registering. Please read and be aware of these conditions. Turnitin actively monitors activity for evidence of abuse.
- Only one user account is allowed per email address.
- Each individual must have his/her own iThenticate account. As with all personal data, never share your username and password with anyone else.
- Email ERMS team to request an account
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email.
Tutorials and Further Guidance
- Video and other tutorials can be found here
- UTA Libraries Subject Liaisons can work with you to better understand how to use iThenticate. Find your Subject Liaison here
- For instructors, SafeAssign can be used to check assignments submitted via Blackboard. Instructions to create a SafeAssignment can be found here
Questions? Contact ERMS team.