The UT Arlington Libraries provides free delivery of library resources to Distance Education (DE) students, students and faculty with disabilities, and others via the UT Arlington Interlibrary Loan Online System.
Distance Education staff in the Access and Discovery Department will retrieve books, journal articles, book chapters and media held in the UT Arlington Libraries and mail them to your preferred mailing address. The Library will also provide a return mailing label with each loan. Requested materials must be from our circulating collections. DE students will be responsible for any charges and fees in relation to overdue or lost books from our library collections.
If UT Arlington cannot supply the item from our collection, DE students have the option of using the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service to obtain materials not owned by our library. The ILL staff are responsible for handling these types of requests. The ILL department will mail the requested loans via FedEx. The DE student is responsible for all fines and fees that may be incurred while ILL material is checked out to them. Should a book be lost in the return mail to the UT Arlington Libraries, the DE patron is responsible for all charges incurred to replace the item at the lending library.
Using this Service
- Go to the UT Arlington Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Online system: https://illiad.uta.edu/illiad/
- Log in using your NetID and password. (First time users will be prompted to set up their interlibrary loan profile when they enter their NetID and password.)
- In the Main Menu select the "Distance Education and Disability Services" option.
- Fill out the form completely, including the call number of the needed material, and submit the request. (To find the call number, use the UT Arlington Library Catalog.)
This service is currently available only to:
- UT Arlington distance learners attending class via UT Telecampus or Off Web
- UT Arlington distance education students whose residence on record is at least 30 miles from the UT Arlington main campus
- UT Arlington/Fort Worth Sante Fe Center Electronic Library
- Universities Center at Dallas (UCD)
- Doctoral students completing their dissertations away from campus
- Students in the College of Business Executive MBA program
- Students in the College of Nursing RN to BSN program
- Currently enrolled UT Arlington students with disabilities who are registered with the Office for Students with Disabilities
- Currently employed UT Arlington faculty, associates of the faculty, and staff with disabilities