The Friends of the Library is a membership organization committed to enhancing the resources of the UT Arlington Library for the benefit of students, faculty and the community. Since 1987 support from the Friends has enriched the Library’s collections and services that are critical to teaching, research and learning at UT Arlington.
Friends Support the UT Arlington Library
- Sponsorship of annual awards given to two outstanding student presentations in the Ronald McNair Scholars Summer Internship Program. Members have contributed more than $25,000 to fund an endowment to support the award.
- Presentation of the annual STAR Award (Super Talented Appreciated and Recognized) to a library staff member who has played a significant role in moving the library forward in terms of services and/or outreach.
- Support of an endowment that funds the addition of materials to the collection to honor the promotion and achievements of members of the faculty.
- Sponsorship of programs featuring authors and community leaders.
- Support of the Libraries' ongoing needs to serve students and faculty.
Jennifer Hawthorne at 817-272-7057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Library Membership Options
- Invitations to an outstanding speaker’s series which brings authors to campus to discuss their recent works. Each talk is followed by a reception where members can gather to enjoy refreshments and discuss the program.
- Opportunities to attend outings to locations of historical interest. Recent trips have included visits to the Alamo and Missions of San Antonio, the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library in Austin, the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum and author Larry McMurtry’s warehouses of books for sale in Archer City.
- Library card entitling cardholder to circulation privileges
|Life Member (One time fee)||$5,000||included|
*Members at this level are also recognized in UTA’s 1895 Society.