Our Science and Engineering Library, located in Nedderman Hall, has experienced a water leak. This location will be closed until further notice. Stay tuned for further updates.
Special Collections offers mediated image reproduction services to students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Please allow at least 15 working days from receipt of payment (excluding weekends and holidays) for processing.
- To accommodate staff workloads, large orders may be divided into batches for processing. Patrons submitting large orders may expect to receive a batch approximately every 30 days.
Researchers are not permitted to scan photographs.
Special Collections allows its materials to be photographed with cameras and video recorders. Appointments must be made in advance.
|Each additional image||$3.00|
Publication fees may also apply (see Publication Fees below).
Special Handling Requests
- Prices are available on request for work requiring off-site processing. For example:
- Items larger than 12”X18”
- Specialty photography
- Orders requiring off-site processing incur a charge of $50.00 per order plus UT Arlington’s per image preservation fees and vendor charges.
- Please allow at least one month for delivery.
Fees are based on distribution of the publication. Prices stated are per image.
- Publication fee may be waived for nonprofit organizations or scholarly publications.
- Permission for use of an image in advertisements or promotional materials must be obtained separately.
- Special Collections staff will determine whether:
- distribution of the image reproduction constitutes publishing and incurs a publication fee
- the nature of a project and its intended audience constitutes public display and incurs a display fee
Public Display Fee
Public display fee is for use of images in exhibit space, office, restaurant, hotel, or other location exposed to public view.
Acceptance of rush requests is subject to staffing constraints and contingent upon approval of Library Assistant for Photographs.
- Same day service is not available.
- Weekends and holidays will not count as rush days.
- Order date plus 2 working days adds 100% to the fee.
- Order date plus 3 working days adds 50% to the fee.
- Rush orders are not guaranteed to be available before 4:00 pm on the
- Delivery fee is $5.00.
- For foreign shipments, add $2.00 to postage fee.
- Mailing fees are subject to change by the U. S. Postal Service.
- Texas residents and businesses add 8% sales tax.
- Nonprofit organizations must complete exemption form or sales tax will be applied to their bill.
- Sales tax is not added to out of state orders.
- All orders require payment at time of order.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card. University clients may make payment via IDT.
- Checks and money orders must be payable to UT Arlington Library.
- Researchers are encouraged to schedule and appointment to view photographs.
- Researchers requesting photographic reference service will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- All orders for images and media reproduction must be received on the Special Collections “Request for Image and Media Copies” form.
- The form should be read carefully, filled out completely, signed, and returned with payment.