The UTA Robot Ambassadors are taking the initiative to promote synergy between the UTA community and the UTA Libraries by providing innovative solutions and exceptional customer service. The first step to achieving this goal is to partner with UTA Faculty and the diverse organizations on campus and assist in their teaching and outreach efforts by providing telepresence robots for their use.
The Robot Ambassadors service is available to:
- Student organizations
- Department organizations
When checking-out the robots the Robot Ambassadors will:
- Provide literature, tutorials and assistance on the check-out and use of robots ahead of the proposed function.
- Ensure the robot is fully charged and functioning properly for seamless use.
- Determine if their location (on campus) provides adequate Wi-Fi signal to operate the robot successfully and seek out solutions prior to the event.
- Escort the robot to the place of use, observe, answer questions, and provide technical assistance if needed.
- Escort the robot back to the library and check it in.
To have telepresence robots at your function, contact Rene Tamez, Ralph Castro or Devon Peralta at Robots@uta.edu. We ask that you contact us at least two weeks prior to event.